Thursday 26 March 2009

The right choice!

Choosing the right bike shop for your needs is part and parcel of the cyclist`s life. Do they do road bikes, Mtb`s only? Do they provide a good service at a reasonable price? Will they kindly let you off the price of a tube until your next visit to get you home after a mishap with a couple of flints? Is the clothing up your street ie, at the right price or the favoured brand?
How do you know unless you visit it a few times? Well the modern way is via the internet, the ubiquitous web site that tells you all about the shop. What a great tool to get inside the shop and its staff. Or is it? Looking for selective retailers to sell our Shutt VR jerseys, Ive spent the day trawling round the bike shops in 3 cities today. Ive visited about 30-40 shops. Some quickly some in depth, all from the comfort(?) of my office chair. I found myself only contemplating the shops that had `decent` websites. the ones without Im sure were more than adequate and provide exactly what I want, but as they were not in the so called `21st century` communications wise, they were immediately discarded.
This is not the right way to decide who we would like to take our goods, surely I should get on my bike, map in hand, jerseys in pannier and visit each and every one. This I would like to do, but do I have the time? Yes! Is it fitting for a `Rep` not to be dressed smartly? I dont know that one, but as we all are cyclists it shouldn`t matter that Im in riding gear & not wearing a suit, should it? I think Ill give it a go to guage it!
Any thoughts on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment